Thursday 10 May 2012

Bookworm

Confession: I am a massive bookworm. I buy and borrow more books than I will ever have the time to read. Currently I have a pile of books about two feet high next to my bed that I am aiming to get through before my birthday in June (I didn't help myself by taking two more books out of the library last week...)


Confession 2: I have four pages in my notebook filled with the titles of books that I want to read...

So I am making my way though my little mountain of books but I have discovered I will just have to buy/borrow another one. My problem began with Twitter (as so many problems do), you see I am a massive fan of Dawn Porter. For those who don't know Dawn Porter is a broadcaster/ journalist who has made TV documentaries for BBC and Channel 4 and she has now started an on-line book club known as Cold Water Book Club, described like this on Twitter:



As far as I can see I'm a bit late to the party, as usual, because they have already read a few books since beginning in February, but I am determined to give it a go; because despite my love of books I have never been part of a book club and the super-geek in me is very excited at the prospect! So the new book I must add to my ever-growing pile is: Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson. Sadly it would appear that it is very popular and I can't get it from the library so I have ordered it from my absolute favourite book site: GreenMetropolis.




GreenMetropolis is an amazing on-line charity book shop, where users can buy and sell books all the while raising money for charity AND helping the environment! Amazing! If any of you out there love books as much as me or you have tons of books around that you're looking to get rid of I highly recommend this site. So here's hoping that my book will come in time for me to read it before the first discussion (the date has still to be released) I'm really looking forward to getting started and will keep you posted on my progress...


Jxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type here to share your lovely comments! x